BURNINGHAM & BROWN COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
We are extremely sorry if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service. This procedure explains how we will investigate your complaint and try to resolve it. It is intended to ensure that we do this fairly, effectively and swiftly, and to help us continually improve our services wherever possible.
Please address your complaint to David Gay, who is our Client Care Officer. His email address is email@example.com.
If your complaint is about David Gay, please contact our Deputy Client Care Officer, Sue Carruthers. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Both David Gay and Sue Carruthers can also be contacted by telephone on 01225 320090 or by post at 20 Queen Square Bath BA1 2HB.
What will happen next?
1. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will do this within one working day of receiving your complaint.
2. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. You can expect to receive our letter within two working days of us receiving your complaint.
3. We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgement letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within three working days of your reply.
4. We will then investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps:
This may take up to eight working days.
5. We will invite you to meet our Client Care Officer to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. We will do this within three working days of the completion of our investigation.
6. Within two working days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions we have agreed with you.
7. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter and any appropriate redress. This will happen within five working days of us completing the investigation.
8. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. We will then arrange for another partner of the firm to review our decision.
9. We will let you know the result of the review within five working days of receipt of your letter. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why. We very much hope that we can resolve any complaint internally and improve our service as a result.
Solicitors Regulation Authority
You can also contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) if you have any concerns about our conduct or behaviour during your matter. For more information on how to raise concerns to the SRA, please visit their website:
What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Their contact details are as follows:-
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman P O Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
27-05-2020 - Admin
Buying a home is one of the biggest and most important investments many of us will ever make. The conveyancing process should be straightforward but rarely is. Conveyancing solicitors take care of all the legal aspects of a house sale, including the contracts, property searches and mortgage checks. They will also deal with the exchange of funds and the transfer of ownership, from buyer to seller. A good conveyancing solicitor can make a house purchase as pain-free as possible....
09-04-2020 - Admin
In light of the current concerns around Coronavirus, Burningham & Brown are now taking Will instructions over the telephone....
Burningham & Brown is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority - SRA Number: 00044479